Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Middle East Conflict's Third Party - Mr. Mel Gibson

Now I like Mel Gibson, I really do. I give him total props for going out on a limb and making The Passion of the Christ - one of the most moving films I've ever seen, probably the most moving actually. However I have a problem - if you'd have watched FOX News today, well you'd have thought that his arrest, DUI, and comments reguarding the Jewish population were as important as the conflict itself that is happening over there.

Why do I say this, because at certian parts of the afternoon, that's all they talked about. Now I am not knocking Fox's coverage of the conflict itself, I think they've done a decent job, but to talk about Mel Gibson as often as they did while people are dying in this conflict - shame on them.

In other news, tensions are high in the region with some leaders saying that this is a nightmare that is hurtling towards a clash of civilizations, while Sec. of State Rice signals a possible solution - although I think that coming closer to the stand of certian countries in Europe isn't the answer.

Let Israel finish the job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home