Monday, January 22, 2007

And the Children Shall Lead: The Battle to preserve life still rages

Today, was a great day in Washington, a day that I see as a day of hope. Today marked 34 years since the landmark decision of Roe v. Wade was decided. This was a Supreme Court decision, which like many other court decisions, has been perverted and stretched to allow for abortion on demand, even though great victories against that have been won in recent years, something that was not even intended originally, but since has mutated into faulty and fragile law, held together by the sheer will and audacity of the American Political Left and organizations like Planned Parenthood and NOW.

As dark and complicated a picture as this is, I have reason to hope. I hope because as in years past many Americans came out in support of life at the Right to Life march in Washington, and this year I saw something I had not considered in the past: many of the participants were kids, teenagers. I met with a number of them myself today as they came to visit Capitol Hill. I found myself amazed that they were here, in the blustery cold, to stand for something that all must cherish (only to find that previous years have been worse weather-wise).

Here's to them, our future, fighting for that sacred gift on behalf of those that are too fragile and small. I'm proud to know them and to stand beside them as they take up the charge given to Solomon in Proverbs 31 - to speak for those who for themselves, cannot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home