Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Remember...and will never forget...

Written 9/11/2006

I remember...

I can't help but sit here in tears as I think about what today means. We all remember where we were, just like our parents remember where they were when Kennedy was shot and our Grandparents remember where they were when Pearl Harbor was attacked...

I was just waking up to my dad's yell and then scrambling down the stairs as I watched the second plane become a weapon. Not three days from then I was to start college in Ohio, and it was there that I would meet others with the same calling, friends who would get thrown into the geopolitical world we now live, as together we do all we can along our perspective avenues to fight this fight; be it from the intel angle, or the humble position of one tasked with keeping constituents happy so that the one chosen to represent them stays in office as they do all they can to do battle against the terrorists...

It's hard for me to watch all this, harder than it was then, because now my understanding is greater than it was; I see more now, and I live and work where I do. On a day like today that all sinks in, it sinks in deep - when I realize that those people that died in that plane that crashed in the field in PA, no only died as heros, but perserved for me my chance to join the fight; they brought down a plane thats intended target was the beloved set of buildings I get the honor and privledge to work within everyday, doing my small part to affect policy by communicating it; nothing I could say or do can express the thanks and admiration that they and countless others deserve, on that day and subsequent days, and even now as the fight continues; People like:

Doug Champaine, Joe Knable, Joe Schnieder, Josh Carter, Chris Moran, John Simmons, Don Franks, Jesse Hornback, Mr. Helland, Jesse DeVine, Justin Lyon, Nate Lee, and most of all my "little" brother Seth, who will begin his training soon.

Go get em guys, do the job I can't...

In light of this, a scripture comes to mind...

"Do not grow weary in doing good, for you will reap a harvest if you do not give up..." - Galatians 6:9

"Lan astaslem." - I will not submit, I will not surrender...


Over at Regime Change Iran there is a must see video about "9/11, five years later..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home